Please send all requests for Courtenay related information to the email address above.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Francis Courtney Wemyss

fname=Barbara Wemyss
lname=Ellis
address1=8 Captains Way
address2=
city=Rockport
state=Mass
country=USA
zip=01966
barbarawellis@verizon.net

ancestor= The mother of Francis Courtney Wemyss

comments= I have information that my Great-great grandfather's mother was a Courtney born in Boston, Mass while it was still a colony of England. I believe that her brother, Thomas Courtney, Jr. lived sometime in the 1700 in Edinburgh, Scotland, although I believe that Francis Hamilton Wemyss may have married her in London. I have no name for her.

My information comes from a book written by her son, Francis Wemyss who brought the first group of English actors to the U.S. in 1832. Can anyone help me find his mother and her family?

No comments:

Post a Comment