Please send all requests for Courtenay related information to the email address above.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Mary Jane de Courtney in Ireland

Subject: de Courtney
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 23:11:55 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
From: Cheri
Reply-To: Cheri




Hi,

I have been looking ever so long for information on my family. If someone can help I'd be forever greatful. My great-grandmother Phoebe Jan Garvey Ahner was born in Tyne and Wear of Irish Catholic Parents. She was baptized at St. Mary's in Newcastle Tyne and Wear. Her parents were Patrick and Mary Garvey. Mary was born around sometime in the 1830s apparently in Ireland. Her parents were John Rowland or Roland and Mary Jane de Courtney in Ireland. I have been unable to get them out of England and back to Ireland. Mary Garvey and her children emigrated in 1873 to New York and went directly to Ontario.

Patrick Garvey is a common name it appears. De Courtney or any spelling, is not so it seems. I don't even know what area to begin my search. Any info of my de Courtney's would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Cheri L. Ahner



No comments:

Post a Comment